Flowers for the Tone-meister


Spring has definitely "sprung" at Duke Gardens right now...

I will be out of town visiting my dad in Georgia tomorrow, and I knew this would be the last chance I'd have to see the full spring "show," so I headed over to the terrace area of the Duke Gardens yesterday after work, instead of heading straight home.

My dad, "Tony," came through his open-heart surgery, and he's heading home from the hospital. He's a real trooper. I'll take the memories of the beautiful gardens with me, but I took these photos for daddy.

So enjoy these with me. I'll try to bring my paints and see if I get any time when I can do some sketching!


Some time in the next few months, I'll also try to get back out there, and take some more photos in other areas of the Duke Gardens. It is a stunning, tranquil place.


Happy Spring, daddy, and everyone else!

Now, I've shown you all the beautiful garden photos, but what I didn't show you is the infamous "green slime" that covers everything this time of year in North Carolina. Every spring, I forget that it will come, and for a few weeks in spring, we're covered in green pollen everywhere.


0 comments:

Post a Comment