Getting Ready To Leave And A Gripe!

We have to be ready to move in just 3 more days, so I’ve begun the process of reorganizing the basement storage areas for packing up.  I also made sure to lubricate both the landing gear and the slide rails on the 5’er, as well as the moving parts on the truck’s hitch – especially the locking bar. 

I lubed up all the moving hitch parts and cleaned out the truck bedIMG_5853

It’s amazing how much sand and grime can blow in and accumulate there over a 3 month period.  Last year, I didn’t bother lubricating the inside leg of the landing gear and after using the electric motor to retract the main legs, I had a heck of a time pulling the inside leg up to lock it.  Lot’s of WD-40 this year and it will slide like a charm. 

I saw this 2 burner/oven Camp-Chef unit at Costco for $149IMG_5810

Late yesterday morning, Paulette and I took a run over to Costco in Palm Desert.  We had a few items to pick up and while we were there I saw the same 2-burner, propane gas oven my friend Gary has.  It was selling at Costco for $149.  It’s the exact same model as Gary’s with the same “forest logo” but it is a “Camp-Chef”.   So, if any of you are interested in this little unit, you might want to check out your local Costco.

Rylie has made friends with a little Chihuahua – they are quite a pair IMG_5859

Now about my gripe!  It’s RV Parks that don’t respond to emails – especially reservation requests.  Way too many of them do this and, to me anyway, it reflects poorly on their entire operation and it says more about them than any park review site could ever tell me.  I just had a bad experience of this type with the Queen Mine RV Park in Bisbee, AZ. 

The only in town RV Park in Bisbee – too bad they don’t respond to emailsFullscreen capture 422010 75654 PM

In Bisbee, the only RV Park in town appears to be the Queen Mine RV Park.  It looks like a nice place and it is only a 5 minute walk from downtown.  I emailed the Queen Mine RV Park on Wednesday, using their online reservation request form.  I gave them all the required information as well as my email address.  I then waited for a reply.

By Friday morning, I still hadn’t received a reply.  So, I resubmitted the form.  I also phoned them and got their voice mail.  I left a message asking them to please check their email and let me know if they had a site available for the 2 nights I wanted. By late Friday night, I still hadn’t heard back from them so I’ve written this place off!  We won’t be staying in Bisbee this trip.

Rylie and Fiona on the run with Sadie, the Weimaraner, sneaking up fastIMG_5855

We’ll still visit Bisbee, but we’ll be staying in Benson instead.  It’ll mean an hour’s drive each way so we probably won’t spend as much time in Bisbee as we would like too, but I’m sure we’ll at least get to have a look around town and experience some of what makes Bisbee such a popular place to visit. 

On a much happier note, if you want to see a real, honest 2lb chocolate covered donut, then please visit Bruce and Margie’s blog today.  That is one huge donut and guess what?  Bruce and Margie ate the whole thing!  Paulette and I would have too!!  I wonder if this place delivers?

Have a great Saturday, and thanks again for visiting!

0 comments:

Post a Comment