I’m always learning new things about the birds we see.
This morning, I awoke to the sound of an incessant tapping that went on for some time. We’d opened the door of our bedroom last night, which goes out onto a tiny deck. So, this morning, it turns out I was hearing a male
Black-capped chickadees are adorable birds. I have recently been seeing one that comes over and over again to our hummingbird feeder and sips away at the nectar. While I'd read about that, no other birds but the hummingbirds have ever shown any interest in it, but this bird seems to love it. He also nabs sunflower seeds, thistle, peanuts and suet, but will sometimes fly off with the seeds. I read today that they will store food for later on, and they store each piece in a different location and can remember up to thousands of different hiding spots!
My favorite “chunky charmers” are the
The sleek, gray and black-capped Catbirds often come in groups to our deck. They’re pretty gentle creatures, but I read recently that sometimes a Cowbird will lay an egg in a catbird’s nest. If so, the catbird will often toss out the cowbird’s egg!
Even though I watch the birds constantly, I’m ever fascinated by them!
“Birds sing after a storm; why shouldn’t people feel as free to delight in whatever sunlight remains to them?” (-Rose Kennedy)
0 comments:
Post a Comment