I have a thing about lamps: I like them, of course, to extend a comforting, luminous light, but the artistic leanings in me also like them to look interesting.
It’s hard to find lamps that are simple, not too expensive, and have a certain élan about them. I also like interesting lamp shades.
Right now, Joe and I are searching for lamps to go on either side of our guest bed in that bedroom. We’re leaning more and more towards wall sconce-type lamps, since they take up less room next to the bed, and there just hasn’t been an interesting lamp that has caught my eye.
We had a friend whose daughter was getting married, and when we were invited to the wedding, we looked up her registry to see what her taste was, and there was a lamp on it. Both of us almost immediately said “we should get one of those for US!” It definitely had “interesting” written all over it! We behaved ourselves, however, and refrained from doing so.
Thankfully, both of us like a sort of eclectic look. Sometimes, we’re attracted to modern design, and other times, we like things that are classic and more traditional. We seem to have both…
“We waste our lights in vain, like lamps by day.” (-William Shakespeare)
0 comments:
Post a Comment