“If there’s a book you really want to read but it hasn’t been written yet, then you must write it.” (-Toni Morrison)

OK, be honest.

Have you ever been tempted to write a book? Recently, I decided to try to make one of those Blurb books, and now that I did one, I think everyone should, too! Have you checked out this site? Blurb books

It was great fun, and not difficult to do at all. Joe has been working on genealogy and I told him I think he should make a Blurb book on that, and write anecdotes about family, inserting beautiful old photos along with them. The site opens up templates for you to test out page spreads you like, and you can add text or just insert photos or images you choose.

It’s ideal for a wonderful little cookbook, or a beautiful, large coffee table style book. They'd make gorgeous personalized gifts for people! Go ahead and make one that’s comprised of photos from your fabulous trip somewhere, or your artwork that you want to see nestled into the pages of a book.


I highly recommend doing it—I am definitely no computer wiz, and I easily figured out how to put it together. They have a guide that explains it all to you, but being impatient, I just plowed in without that, and it’s fairly intuitive and easy to do. I originally thought that the site let you just make a book for yourself, but then when I finished it, I realized you can actually put it in their Blurb “bookstore,” purchase it yourself, and if someone else likes it, they can purchase it, too. I also thought you could only do a set amount of pages, and it wasn’t until I finished that I realized I could have done a longer book. So if you’re smart, and actually PLAN what you want to do, you can make a real beauty of a tome!

So, seriously, GO for it! I’m going to encourage everyone I know to make one! If I can do it, trust me--so can you! You can make one soft or hard covered, and as short or long as you like.

Put together a book for someone’s 50th wedding anniversary, or a memento of a family reunion, or a cookbook or garden book of your beautiful flowers so that you can remember them always. Have fun!



“A book is like a garden carried in the pocket.” (-Chinese proverb)

0 comments:

Post a Comment