“…you open always petal by petal myself as Spring opens” (-e.e. cummings)

This weekend was the first time in quite a while that I had some moments to breathe. Since it was beautifully warm and balmy, I spent hours in the garden, cleaning, weeding, trimming things back, and just in general getting things ready for spring.



I went to my favorite nursery, just to enjoy what was there, but also to pick out some pretty things for a friend’s birthday.



The place just does my heart good: I love its gurgling fountains, glorious urns, elegant topiaries, and rich, colorful flowers bursting out of baskets and pottery.

I left thinking that spring is definitely on its way. ..



"O sweet spontaneous

earth how often have

the

doting



fingers of

prurient philosophers pinched

and poked



thee

; has the naughty thumb

of science prodded

thy



beauty .how

often have religions taken

thee upon their scraggy knees

squeezing and



buffeting thee that thou mightest conceive

gods

(but

true



to the incomparable

couch of death thy

rhythmic

lover



thou answereth



them only with



spring)"



(-e.e. cummings)





0 comments:

Post a Comment