We're winding up our last day here in Las Vegas and getting ready to begin the trek north and home tomorrow morning! It sure doesn't seem like we've been gone for 3 1/2 months, time has just flown by. We'll be heading back over to I-5 and we'll be stopping at the Almond Tree RV Park which is just a bit past Bakersfield.
It was very hot here in Las Vegas today but there was a slight overcast so it turned out to be very comfortable. This morning, we took a drive out to Boulder City because when we went to the Hoover Dam the other day, we bypassed Boulder City altogether. It's quite a nice little town. Lot's of shops, restaurants, antique stores and very easy to walk around in about 30 minutes. Paulette found a little quilting store she liked there too - Fiddlesticks!
When we got back to the Oasis RV Park about 1:00pm, Paulette said she would stay with Molly if I wanted to go and have a look at some of the casino/hotels on the Strip. I thought I may as well because who knows when we'll ever be in Las Vegas again. Luckily, when I drove downtown, I was able to get a parking spot very quickly in the parkade of the Bally's Paris Hotel/Casino. Quite a place - there is a faux French Village inside complete with shops, cafes, boutiques, expensive restaurants etc. and, of course, huge casino floors with thousands of slots. When I walked out the front door - there was the Eiffel Tower, of course.
In total, I spent a couple of hours walking walking around checking out the various resort hotels. I looked at the Venetian Hotel - complete with canals and gondolas. The amount of money spent on these palaces is just incredible. But, the streets were just packed packed with people and it was only the middle of the afternoon - so, the money just keeps on rolling in.
After the Venetian, I took a walk through Caesar's Palace - Caesar should have been so lucky! This place is just huge - boggles the mind! I also checked out the Mirage, Treasure Island and the Bellagio. By then I'd had enough and passed on the other biggies like New York, New York, the Luxor, MGM Grand, Wynn Encore and Mandalay Bay. I didn't even stop to plug a nickel into any of the tens of thousands of slot machines.
The more I walked around the Las Vegas Strip the more I became convinced that I was in some kind of adult Disneyland or "theme park". Nothing seems to be too excessive for these casinos and the cost seems to be irrelevant. In fact, the more outrageously expensive the better. All in all, it was an experience - a short one, but all I needed or wanted right now!
After dinner tonight, I dropped Paulette off at the Las Vegas Outlet Malls so she could do a bit of shopping at the 135 stores there - everything here in Las Vegas is bigger than anywhere else!
So, tomorrow we'll be leaving here around 8:00am after having a great time and really enjoying Las Vegas even though Paulette and I aren't gamblers at all. It was fun to see all the attractions in and around Las Vegas and to finally cross it off the list of "places we haven't been".



0 comments:
Post a Comment