After a few days of fiddling around and experimenting with different layouts, widgets, images and other techie ideas, I think I've finally settled on a basic format for our new RV Trip Journal Blog. Although, I know I will continue to play around with it forever!! I guess now it's time to think about content! That's the hard part. I spent my entire career in Information Technology as a Programmer/Analyst, Systems/Analyst and I.T. Manger but that was mostly involved in making sure things worked not about actual writing. To get started, I created this blog using the images and journals from our most recent RV trip - the three and half months we spent in Palm Springs and Arizona from January to April, 2009.I retired 10 years ago in 1999, but my wife Paulette didn't retire from her career as an Elementary School teacher until June of 2007. The previous fall, 2006, we had bought our 2007 Chevy Duramax and a 27 ft. Citation 5th wheel - so, with Paulette's retirement we were all set to hit the road!
Our basic plan is to keep our home in Cowichan Bay, B.C.(30 miles north of Victoria) and to spend about 4-5 winter months in Palm Springs and Arizona; and, as much time as possible RV'ing and camping during the summer months in Canada and the Pacific Northwest. So far, that plan has worked well for us as we've taken a two month summer trip, in 2007, to Mt. Rushmore and Yellowstone as well as two winter vacations in Palm Springs - 2008 and 2009. We are already booked at our favourite RV Park in Desert Hot Springs, the Sands RV and Golf Resort, for 4 months next year beginning in January 2010!
One RV trip we both would really like to make is to travel right across Canada to the Maritime provinces, then south through New England before heading back home through the U.S. We are tentatively looking at that possibility for the summer of 2010 - we'll see.
As for trips this summer, our daughter is getting married in Blairmore, AB in late July. We are going to take advantage of that by going there for a few weeks and staying in the Lost Lemon RV Park and then, eventually, heading back home through Idaho, Montana and Washington.
As for this blog, I'm still unsure of what kinds of posts I will be writing when we're not travelling - or, how frequently I will be posting. I will have to feel my way around this for a while and think about what might be interesting to friends, family as well as anybody else who happens to come by for a look.
So, that's it - my first post here, other than the Trip Journals. We'll see how many follow and how this blog goes - it should be interesting - at least to me!
0 comments:
Post a Comment