Picked Out My New Glasses

Paulette and I drove down to Costco early Monday morning for the sole purpose of picking acceptable frames for my new glasses. It's a good thing she came along because with the hundreds of different frames sitting on the wall, I would just have grabbed any pair and hightailed it out of there. Anyway, it didn't take too long before Paulette narrowed the selection down to a few that were o.k. with me, and just a few minutes more to select the "winners". Why are there so many different kinds anyway? It's worse than buying shoes and way too confusing!

The display at Costco was about three times as big as this


The good news at Costco was the special coupon promotion for purchases of progressive lenses - a $60 discount, yahoo! So, instead of $480, I paid $420 for the lenses and frames. As an added bonus, the frames came with polarized, magnetic, clip-on sunglasses. Iris Optometrist's wanted $950 for lenses and frames with no clip-on sunglasses. I'll also get $200 back through my Extended Health Benefits Plan which reduces the total cost to only $220! From what I've heard, that's about as good as getting glasses in Mexico!

I kinda liked the looks of these ones


Yesterday was also the first time we've left Molly and Rylie "home alone" since we got Rylie about 3 weeks ago. Molly is very good with Rylie, but we were still a bit worried because sometimes Rylie chases Molly around a little too much trying to get her to play. For the most part, Molly's pretty good and responds well - unless she's really tired and wants to rest. Then, it's a growl, maybe a swat with a paw and Rylie soon knows who's the boss dog! So, what would happen while we were gone?

When we got home from Costco, after 2 hours, all seemed quiet. Both Molly and Rylie were very happy to see us back and there didn't seem to be any damage to either pup - no little "accidents" for Rylie either. So, we're thinking they probably just slept most of the time. I forgot about having a Linksys Remote Webcam that I could easily have setup to view and record them while we were out - that might have been interesting to see - maybe next time!

Glasses & Jars - Paulette is bringing these to the wedding - for what??


It was a bright, sunny day yesterday, but the temperatures were a little cooler than they've been lately - high 60's for most of the day. That was just right for me though as I still had to mow the front lawn and the cool breeze was just perfect. Paulette found it too cold to work outside so she just busied herself in her sewing room for the afternoon. There's not too much on TV these days, so last night I ended up watching some programs on the Discovery Channel and National Geographic - pretty good stuff.

0 comments:

Post a Comment