Molly having a look at the remnants of a fairly large wasp's nest

ASAP came on Saturday evening. It looked to be very quiet around the deck, so I got a crowbar and started to pry up one of the deck boards. That's when I felt a sharp sting on my leg and realized one of the critters had got me - wasn't too smart to be wearing shorts, I guess. A few more quick trips out with the crowbar and I had the board off and found, sure enough, the wasp's nest was attached to the underside - with hundreds of wasps now angrily swarming all over the place.
I made it safely back into the house without getting stung again and decided to wait until dark before going out with a can of Raid Wasp spray to finish off the nest. A couple of hours later, a few shots of Raid, and the wasp nest was history. Sunday morning all was quiet - no wasps at all, so I hooked up my power washer and blasted the remnants of the nest away for good. With that done, I replaced the deck board and we were once again safe to go outside and enjoy the sundeck.
Paulette checking something way out by the storage shed

So, that was our big excitement for the weekend. Paulette managed to get out for a bit though by heading down to Victoria bright and early Saturday morning to hit a few garage sales and do a bit of shopping. That left me with the job of puppy patrol all day but it was pretty easy as Molly and Rylie played together for quite a while, then decided to take a long 2 hour nap while I read a book.
A Heron Rookery pic taken at Rancho Sedona RV Park this year

Sunday, we were both going to take a drive down to Costco to buy my new eye glasses. But, we decided to wait for one morning this week instead as Costco is normally a real zoo on Sundays and I hate going there when it's that busy. Instead, we just spent a quiet day around the house cleaning windows, puttering around outside, mowing the lawns, weeding, walking the dogs and general tidying up.
0 comments:
Post a Comment