We were in Palm Springs, CA last February, when we first heard that our niece Diana was expecting. She had flown down for a 10 day holiday to visit her parents, my brother Tom and his wife Donna. We were all staying at the Sands RV & Golf Resort. It was a pretty happy time as it will be both Diana's first child and Tom and Donna's first grandchild.While her husband Mike stayed home because of work, Diana had a great time swimming, visiting Disneyland, shopping in Palm Springs, enjoying the hot, sunny weather and just relaxing before heading back home to Victoria to await the arrival of their baby in early August.
For Paulette, this was another opportunity to do something that she really enjoys - making baby quilts. It doesn't have to be a baby quilt though, I guess, as Paulette has made a few dozen quilts for the family already, but making a baby quilt is her favorite. Paulette finished the quilt about a week ago, just in time for a baby shower that Diana's sister, Debbie, was hosting yesterday.
The baby quilt Paulette made for Diana and her baby

One of Paulette's Quilts hanging on our family room wall

By all accounts, the baby shower was a huge success - and so was Paulette's quilt. Diana was just thrilled, and loved the quilt saying she couldn't wait to see it in her baby's new crib. Paulette said that Diana received a lot of very nice gifts for her new baby at the shower. Plus, the food was great, and everyone had a lot of fun.
Not sure what kind of flower this is in our yard, but I liked the color

As for me, I pretty much had a "sports day" yesterday while Paulette was out "partying". I managed to catch the last hour of the Wimbledon Tennis final - wow, was that ever a match and a half. Then, at noon, I tuned in to see the AT&T National golf tournament in time to see Tiger Woods tee off and go on to win again - the guy is incredible. After dinner, Paulette went for a bike ride and I took Molly and Rylie for a walk down to the farms and back to end the day.
0 comments:
Post a Comment