Just starting to take the Silverado through the Chevron Car Wash

After the fill-up, I drove across the street to the Chevron car wash and got the full premium wash deal - wash, wax, clear-coat etc. for $9. It's a no-touch system and does a great job without having to worry about brush marks or scratches from the equipment. I've been taking our vehicles there for years and have never had any problems at all - sure saves a lot of time and the car wash does a great job.
Back from the car wash all clean, shiny and ready to roll.

Paulette went down to Victoria yesterday morning to do some last minute wedding shopping and to pick up some things at Costco. She even bought me a new dress shirt for the wedding - wow, I'm all set! Paulette called me from The Bay to ask if I wanted a periwinkle or a striped blue shirt? I don't like striped shirts at all, so I told her to go with the periwinkle even though I had no idea what that was. It was only when she got home and showed me the shirt that I discovered periwinkle was a color! It looked like a nice blue to me.
Hijacker Sliding 16K Double Pivot Hitch - a real beauty

While Paulette was gone, I had to take Rylie to the Mill Bay Vet for another in her series of vaccinations. Rylie still hasn't learned to fear going into the Vet's office. Molly, on the other hand, starts shaking as soon as we walk in the door. She seemed very relieved to see that Rylie was getting put up on the table for the shots and not her. They have a huge aquarium in the Vet's waiting room and Rylie just sat there watching with fascination at the tropical fish swimming around. I would love to have known what she was thinking.

Paulette and I are off to a barbeque this evening down in Victoria. Three friends, who I worked with for about 30 years, all retired with me in 1999. Since then, we have met for lunch once a month except for July and August. A few years ago, we decided to have a summer barbeque so our wives could get together with our wives too. We alternate homes each year and it's always a lot of fun - we are looking forward to a night out. The pups will be "home alone" for a few hours tonight!
0 comments:
Post a Comment