A Great Lunch at the White Spot in Victoria

Happy 4th of July to all of our American friends south of the border, or wherever you may be. Have a great holiday, and remember to drive safely if you are on the road.

Reading RV Blogs - My normal way to start the day
Friday morning I was up at my usual time of 6:30am, went downstairs and turned on the coffee, then took Molly and Rylie out to the backyard. It was a beautiful morning and already quite warm, so the pups stayed out a bit longer than usual. By the time we got back in the house, the coffee was ready. I poured myself a cup and headed off to my office and computer to edit and post the blog entry I had written the previous night.

After that, I checked on all the overnight news stories and took my time reading any new blogs that had been posted. As I've said many times before, this hour or two each morning is my favorite time of the entire day.

About 10:30am, I was out the door and on my way down to Victoria to have lunch with my friend Jim, who I used to work with. He called me a few days ago saying he was having trouble getting his new Samsung Laser printer to work on his home wifi network. I told him I would be happy to come over and have a look at it and he suggested going for lunch afterwards. I arrived at Jim's around 11:30am and we had the printer working in about 15 minutes as it was just a minor setting that needed to be changed.

White Spot - Best Hamburger in B.C.
Soon after that, we headed over to the White Spot for lunch. The White Spot is a Vancouver, B.C. based restaurant that has been in operation in cities around B.C., for 60 years now. Their claim to fame is their hamburger with the White Spot's special "Triple O" sauce. They are terrific, and I've never seen any other restaurant come close to duplicating this trademark specialty. If you ever go to a White Spot - their hamburger is a must order!

By the time Jim and I finished lunch, and I drove back home, it was just after 2:00pm. I was glad to get home early as the traffic from Victoria heading up-island on Friday afternoons, in the summertime, can get pretty busy especially the stretch on the city's outskirts. No problems today though, it was clear sailing all the way.

When I walked into the house, Molly was right there to greet me as usual - but, no sign of Rylie. I had a good idea where she was though. When Rylie's had enough and wants to take a nap, she goes up the stairs and finds a nice quiet spot either in her bed on the floor, or even better, on any pillows that might be lying around. Yesterday afternoon, she was in luck as Paulette had taken the sheets off the bed to wash them and so there were a lot of pillows around for Rylie to get comfortable on.

When the life of a puppy is just too much - Rylie gets away from it all!


It was a very hot day here yesterday with temperatures in the high 80's. Our yard is getting extremely dry, so I'm hoping that one of these days, we might be lucky enough to get a good rainfall. That's not something we often wish for here on the west coast, but this dry spell is getting to be a little too much.

0 comments:

Post a Comment