Rhett's parents - Ray & Gail Whaley from Clear Lake, Manitoba
![]() |
| From Wedding Preparations |
Ray and Gail's arrival was perfect timing though as Rhett, Erin, Maggie and Hayley had just finished bottling and corking a few dozen bottles of white wine. They still have the red wine left to bottle today. So, the groom's parents had the honor of being the first ones to sample the wedding wine and, of course, declared it very, very good. I figure if they don't spit out the wine, then it's o.k.
Hayley and Erin busy trying to figure out how the wine corking machine works
![]() |
| From Wedding Preparations |
You may remember I said in an earlier blog entry that Paulette had made a few dozen "cement leaves" for us to bring with us to Blairmore. I found out yesterday what they were to be used for. Rhett had been busy for a few days digging a pathway from the back deck around to the front of the house. He then filled the pathway with gravel and topped it with pea gravel. Next, he got a load of river rock to spread between the new pathway and the house. Finally, yesterday afternoon, Paulette and Erin laid in the concrete leaves as "stepping stones".
The concrete leaves are now stepping stones in the new sidewalk
![]() |
| From Wedding Arts & Crafts |
While all of this was going on, I was dispatched to the local laundromat to wash and dry our bedding, clothing, towels and stuff. I figured this to be an easy job - just plunk in some quarters and read my book. I was careful to only put a 1/4 cup of Tide in each of the 3 washers as there was a warning about "over-sudsing". When I heard the washers stop, I got up to get the clothes out only to find suds bubbling out of the washers - what a mess. I ended up having to redo the 3 loads of laundry - this time with no detergent.
With the washers sudsing over, I wished I was back at the pool!

It was another scorcher yesterday in Blairmore - 92F. We sure hope this great weather carries through Saturday - after that, we don't care what happens. In the meantime, we seem to have quickly settled into a daily routine here in Blairmore. By 7:00am, we're usually up and around and enjoying our first cup of coffee. Soon after, it's time for me to take Molly and Rylie for a walk out of the RV Park, across the bridge and then along the banks of the Crowsnest River.
A small stream that feeds into the Crowsnest River by our RV Park
![]() |
| From Tour of Blairmore |
By the time I get back, Paulette and Mikayla have usually had their breakfast, so it's my turn. While I'm having cereal, Paulette and Mikayla are off to the showers for their .25 cents for 2 minutes(the shower charge really bothers me). When they get back, it's my turn to go for a shower.
These sites backing onto the Crowsnest River are great - but, no shade
![]() |
| From Tour of Blairmore |
In between all of this going on, I always find time to read the blogs, post my own entry and check on all the news of the day. Around 9:00am, we're ready to pack up and head off to Erin and Rhett's for another full day of wedding preparations. Paulette usually has some kind of a plan in mind for the day and when we get there, it doesn't take long before everyone is busy with one job or another.
Our site - not a lot of room, but it's shaded and it's quite nice

About 3:00pm yesterday, it was way too hot to do any more work outside so we came back to the cool shade of our RV Park - at least our site is shady! For dinner, It was too hot to even think about firing up the barbeque, so Paulette and Mikayla drove over to the supermarket and picked up some wraps, chicken, cole slaw and a macaroni salad. That was perfect!
Even when it's scorching hot, Rylie tries to stir up Molly and Lola
![]() |
| From Wedding Preparations |
We got back over to the house just in time for the arrival of Ray and Gail from Manitoba. This was the first time we had met, so it was nice to see them and have a quick visit and chat. They were both very tired after a long 12 hour drive from their home in Clear Lake, MB so they were anxious to get to the Motor Inn where they were booked. We are going to have a better chance to get acquainted this evening as the girls have invited us all over for dinner! Should be fun!






0 comments:
Post a Comment