Set For the Wedding - My Suit Fits Perfectly!

I'm shocked - my best suit still fits me, so I won't have to buy a new one for Erin's wedding this month after all. Actually, my suit is virtually brand new as I've only worn it once - but, that was 6 years ago when I bought it. Since then, its been stored in my closet in a zippered, protective bag. Yesterday, July 1st, was the big "test" day. That was the date I had set to try it on after spending two months on a diet to lose weight.

A bathing suit is pretty much the only suit I wear these days


Taking the suit out of the bag, it looked o.k. to me, but first Paulette gave it a good check over and declared it good to go - after a drycleaning! So, first the jacket - I slipped it on and it felt pretty good, then I carefully fastened the buttons - no problem. Now the scary part - would the pants fit? Again, no problems at all - wow, they fit very comfortably and I didn't even have to suck in my stomach to do them up - fantastic! I guess all that hunger and starvation paid off after all.

Who wants to wear a suit, when you can be this comfortable?


As you can guess, I don't often wear a suit. I guess a more accurate way of saying that would be "I never wear a suit" - as once every 6 years is pretty close to "never"! So, I'm glad I don't have to spend a lot of money on a new one now. I wore a suit and tie for most of my 38 years working. Since retiring in 1999, my wardrobe has consisted of what Paulette disparagingly calls my two uniforms - "sweatshirt, jeans and sneakers" or "t-shirt, shorts and sandals"! It's sure a lot more comfortable!

All I need now for the wedding is a new pair of shoes, a light blue dress shirt and that's it! I have a bunch of ties to choose from, so that won't be a problem. My biggest fear for this wedding was that Erin would insist on the men in the wedding party wearing tuxedos! I've never worn a tuxedo in my life and I sure wasn't looking forward to starting now!

Ottawa's Parliament Buildings during a previous Canada Day Celebration


We didn't do anything at all yesterday to celebrate Canada Day. In fact, Paulette's Quilting Group still held their normal weekly get-together at the church hall in Mill Bay. I guess it was a bit special though as they all brought dishes for a pot-luck lunch. There were fireworks displays in several of the local communities last night, but we figured they would be a bit too much for Molly and Rylie so we just spent a quiet evening at home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment