As well as toys, Rylie has a fondness for newspaper, hunks of wood and any other kinds of junk she can find. The newspaper, of course, has to be torn into shreds so as to make it as difficult and messy as possible to clean up.
We were assured by the Vet though, that Rylie is very normal, doing well and is extremely healthy. That's great news for everything except my office as it looks like she will be continuing her use of it as her playroom for the foreseeable future.
This is Annika - born on Thursday, August 6th, and is my brother Tom and his wife Donna's first grandchild. It is the first child for their eldest daughter, Diana, and her fiance Mike. Both mother and daughter are doing well and are now home from the hospital.I'm not an expert on genealogy, but I think this makes me great, doesn't it? Well, how about a great-uncle then? That's a first for me - officially being a 'great' at anything!
We woke up yesterday to a gloomy looking day - overcast, wet from a bit of overnight rain, but it only drizzled sporadically for the rest of the day and evening. That was too bad, as I'm still hoping the skies will open up and that we get a real downpour - it's just too darn dry around here as even the evergreens are starting to look a little weary.
Meanwhile, over at our other family blogsite, Sweet P Quilting & Creations, Paulette has gotten herself into some kind of a quilting 'challenge/competition' to see who can complete the most unfinished projects in August. This is the kind of stuff that, since I retired, I avoid like the plague! But, quilters are kind of crazy about their hobby, so Paulette has been locked up in her sewing room quite a bit over the last few days and nights trying desperately to finish up some old quilting projects. Here are 2 of the quilts she has been working on:
This quilt is going in our 5th wheel after it is hand-stiched and completed
Paulette made this quilt from scrap pieces lying around in her "stash" pile
I'm just hoping that no RV'ers out there get the idea of starting some kind of a challenge/competition for us. I have a feeling though, that if anyone did, and it involved work, it would be a very poorly received idea - at least I hope it would! I know I'd be avoiding it - again, like the plague! But, that quilt shown above is going to look pretty inviting in our 5th wheel, especially on a cool night!
0 comments:
Post a Comment