This is the pic I took of Mill Bay a few days ago that I chose to get enlarged
I wanted to try this system for a few reasons, first, to see how the process worked, second, to see what the final picture quality was like and lastly, I wanted a print larger than the 8 x 10 capability of my HP inkjet printer. I was very impressed with the Walmart process on all counts. It was quite reasonable too - just $7.97 for a very nice 11 x 14 matte finish print.
Here's the final product all framed and hanging on the wall
The process for ordering a print was simpler than I expected. The only information I had to give Walmart to order a print was my email address - no Visa, MasterCard, blood-sample or anything else like that. I just signed on to our local store, clicked on "photo center" and followed the easy step-by-step instructions. After I had uploaded the image I wanted to order, I simply indicated what size print I wanted, how many of them and what type of finish - matte or glossy.
I took this while puttering around in the backyard Wednesday
The checkout was easy too. I could have setup an account, but instead I chose the option to pay by cash when picking up my picture. After finishing up and ordering, I received an email stating that my order was being processed and should be ready in about an hour. Sure enough, a hour or so later, I received another email saying my picture was ready to be picked up and I was given a confirmation number. It doesn't get any easier than that.
Another pic from the yard on Wednesday afternoon
So, first thing Thursday morning, I hopped in the van and drove to Walmart to pick up my 11 x 14 print. It turned out great! While I was there, I also found a nice, simple 'floating' frame for $14. So, for a total of $22, I now have a nice framed pic to hang on my office wall - not bad!
After 100's of prints, my old HP 932C Inkjet may get a well deserved rest
Thursday afternoon, I took a run down to Costco, Home Depot and Starbucks to pick up a few items. Costco was a bit of a zoo, so I just grabbed what we needed, including some great looking hot-wings for dinner, found a short checkout line and got out of there. Next, I went to Home Depot to see if I could pick up an inexpensive fountain pump kit for the small pond in our backyard. The $35 kits were all sold out, but I did manage to find just the pump for only $17. After hooking up the pump to the existing fountain, it works just fine.
Last, I stopped in at Starbuck's to see if they had any of our favourite Kenyan coffee in yet. No such luck! Kenyan coffee has been in extremely short supply for about a month now and last week all the stores ran out of it. We used the last of our Kenyan coffee last night so I had to buy Gazebo brand instead. It's an African blend too, and in fact, we used to drink Gazebo before we switched to Kenyan a few years ago. The reason given by Starbucks for not having Kenyan, and a few other brands as well, is that they are changing over to all new bags and that is slowing down the supply chain. I wonder how much lost business that will cost them? I hope they get a new supply of Kenyan in soon.
I managed to get on the highway and over the Malahat before the rush out of Victoria began and I was home by 3pm. Just in time to have a short rest before dinner. The chicken wings tasted every bit as good as they smelled in the van on the way home, and the hot sauce was just perfect!
Another slow TV night Thursday, so I just watched a few baseball games while browsing on my laptop. Paulette and I don't have any particular plans for the weekend, so I guess we'll just have to see what develops.
0 comments:
Post a Comment