The only thing that matters to Paulette about a new laptop is the color!

Like now, I'm looking at a few items to add to my 'wish list'! First, and foremost, is a new laptop computer. The new laptop isn't just a wish, though, it's a necessity! By getting Paulette involved in blogging a few months ago, I've created a computer monster. Our 2 week trip to Blairmore this summer, made me realize that having just one computer in our 5th wheel just wasn't going to cut it anymore.
Previously, whenever we purchased a new computer, I would get the new one and Paulette would get my old machine. That's how Paulette got her first PC and the practice has just continued that way for almost 20 years and a dozen or so computers. My IBM or Dell computers were pretty much loaded up and handled anything that Paulette had to, or wanted to do, on a computer anyway.
Do I want a nice $999 glass bottom kayak? Nah! I'd take an orange laptop anyday!
Now, however, that has all changed, and instead of me getting a nice, shiny, new Dell laptop for our trip south this winter, Paulette will be getting one instead. Am I a great guy or what? The actual truth is, that when I mentioned getting a new laptop, I fully expected us to follow the usual, old practice. But, before I could even say anything, Paulette burst out in some crazy "lollipop, lollipop" song and how she wanted to see what colors the new laptops came in. I was completely unaware of Dell's TV advertising campaign featuring the "lollipop" song. I was doomed - my plan had fallen apart right before my very eyes.
Anyway, we looked at colors on the Dell website. I kind of liked the 2 blues, didn't mind the red but hated the lime green. Paulette chose the lime green saying it was her favorite color, but I think it was because I hated the green and that sealed the deal - it was hers! Not one question about the OS, processor speed, GB of memory, HD capacity, screen size or any other essential components that make a computer hum - just the color! That's the important thing - the color! Makes me want to scream out loud!!
CradlePoint MBR100 Wireless 'N' Router and Verizon USB 760 Air Card

So, I'm back now to more modest goals like choosing an Air Card and Mobile Broadband router, but that's no problem as I've already researched that to death and have decided on Verizon's USB 760 card with the Cradlepoint MBR1000 Mobile Broadband Router. This router will give us a "Wifi hotspot" virtually anywhere we travel in the U.S. Hallelujah!! No more relying on lousy campground Wifi connections!
The smaller, but perfectly o.k. Cradlepoint CRT500 Wireless 'G' Router

Initially, I was going to get the Cradlepoint CTR500 Router until I realized it still uses wireless 'G', while the MBR1000 uses the latest available 802.11 ‘N’ technology, and, it only costs $50 more. The 'N' wireless has a much wider range and is also a lot faster and that's more than enough to justify an extra $50. However, if you're laptop or desktop has a wireless 'G' card or USB device, then the CRT500 is just fine.
The only other news going on around here today is that I took Mikayla on her first trip to the Garbage Transfer Station today. We loaded up my truck with 8 green garbage bags, got Molly and Rylie into the back seat and headed off. Mikayla had expected to see a landfill and was surprised at how clean this station was - just a bunch of huge bins. We just backed up to a bin, dropped our 8 bags over the edge, then drove to the checkout scales, paid our $5 and we were on our way.
After Paulette got home from Quilting, she took Mikayla into town to look for some 'back to school' clothes. What a haul! Mikayla came home with 2 pairs of shoes, 2 dresses, 3 tops, a sweater and a hoody! She was absolutely thrilled and says she loves shopping with Grandma!! I guess.
It's my turn for 'grooming' today as I have a 10:00 appointment for a haircut in Victoria. Paulette and Mikayla are staying home to work on some kind of a pumpkin craft for going back to school - sounds like fun!
0 comments:
Post a Comment