A New Map & a Busy Day

I added something new to the sidebar of my blog yesterday, an interactive Google Map showing where we are currently located - right now, that's home in Cowichan Bay, B.C. I've found that in writing blog entries, and mentioning the different places we go here on Vancouver Island, I'm constantly saying things like 10 minutes north, 30 miles south, just north of Victoria etc. I've realized that this probably has no meaning whatsoever if there is no reference point to begin with.

So, enter the interactive Google Sidebar Map! If any of you reading this blog, happen to wonder about a place or location here on the Island, a quick click on the navigation tools, or even better - "View The Cowichan Valley in a larger map" will show a much more detailed map of the surrounding area. I hope this helps to answer some of the email questions I get about "where in the heck is Cowichan Bay"? But, please keep those emails coming if you have any further questions - I love getting them!

Yesterday morning was slightly overcast with the temperature hovering around 14C/60F, but when I took Molly and Rylie for a walk, it sure seemed a lot warmer than that. After breakfast, I got busy with fixing and mixing the spaghetti sauce to put in the crockpot. Paulette asked me to use some ground turkey instead of ground beef this time - I can't really tell much difference after it's all done. With that finished, all that was left to prepare dinner later on was just boiling water and add the spaghetti noodles - perfect!

A little bit of this, a little bit of that - and, we have a great spaghetti sauce!


The weather didn't improve a whole lot as the day went on as it was one of those days where it couldn't quite make up it's mind whether it wanted to rain or not. So, instead of a steady rain, which I would have preferred, all we got was the occasional drizzle that had no effect whatsoever on anything.

Somenos Marsh Wetland Conservation Area on a dull, dreary Thursday


The beater bar on the "Rugmaster" attachment on our Beam Vacuum System stopped working yesterday and it smelled like burning rubber. My guess was it might be a broken belt. So, I took the attachment into the Beam service shop to see about getting it fixed. I thought I'd probably have to leave it for a day or so, but instead, the owner was there and he just got a screwdriver, took the cover off and sure enough the belt had snapped in half. Five minutes later, I was on my way home with the Rugmaster as good as new and all for only $10. Can't beat that!

Another shot of the Somenos Marsh just north of Duncan


At least with the wet, dreary weather I didn't feel too bad about watching a couple of hours of the first round of the PGA Golf Championship on TV yesterday afternoon. I won't mention his name, but I'll give you a hint as to who is in the lead after the first round!



The spaghetti sauce turned out great, so we had a pretty good dinner last night! We've even got enough left for tonight, as well as a couple of containers in the freezer for some other time. When you cook for two, in a crockpot, it always makes for lots of leftovers!

Paulette has a friend coming over this morning to help put together a photo-album of their Sorority's activities during the last year. From the sounds of it, it might be an all-day project. So, I'm going to head down to Victoria to visit my friend Nirmal again. He's still having a few Wifi problems with his home network, so this time, I'm going to try something completely new and different. Hopefully, this will solve the problem once and for all with a fast, solid Internet connection. I'll explain tomorrow - if it works!

0 comments:

Post a Comment