Paulette picked up this wall cabinet a few years ago for a song!
This past Saturday was a particularly good day of "scores" for Paulette. She came home, almost breathless with excitement, about how she bought a big box of vintage lace that she intends to use for quilting projects. She then proceeded to her usual trademark question of asking me to guess "How much"? I've learned over the years that the more excited she is, the lower I should go. But, even I was surprised at the box of lace material she bought for only $8. She said the seller was asking $10 - never pay the full asking price at a garage sale I'm told.
Would you believe just $8 for all this lace - Rylie has her eye on it already!

Included in the box was a huge lace cape, from Prince Edward Island, with the original price tag of $32.95 still on it. Although I know nothing about this kind of stuff - that looks like a real bargain, even to me!!
Part of the haul was this item originally priced at $32.95

Next, Paulette put these wire ring things on the kitchen table and once again asked "how much"? At first, I said "what is this junk, it looks like a bunch of old broken electric fan covers"? I was promptly told that they are wire frames for making wreaths. Paulette always make cedar and fir wreaths at Christmas and gives them as gifts to neighbors and friends. She said that last year, she couldn’t find them in any of the craft shops, but did find them in a florist shop for $8 each- way too much! Paulette bought all 17 of these at a garage sale on Saturday for total of $1.50 - I'm impressed!!
17 wire wreaths for making cedar and fir Christmas Wreaths - all for a buck and a half.

There's one more huge advantage I get out of these garage sale finds - I get a topic to blog about! And, as all of you know who write blogs, that's always a 'good thing'!
We are going to be losing our little house guest this week as our granddaughter Mikayla will be heading home, in a day or so, to get ready for the start of school on Sep. 8th. It's exactly 2 weeks today since she arrived for her summer stay with us and it's been a lot of fun having her here. We've probably seen and done more things in the Cowichan Valley in the past 2 weeks than we've done for the last several years combined.
Mikayla's going home in a day or so to get ready for the start of school next week!
We spent a very quiet Sunday at home just taking it easy. It was another beautiful day with temps in the mid 70's and forecast to remain that way for the next several days. We had barbequed chicken for dinner last night and later we took Mikayla into town to get milkshakes at the DQ - Molly and Rylie shared a small ice cream cone - what a battle that was!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment