A Blog About “Blog Block”

When we went to bed one night, a few weeks ago now,  Paulette asked me what I had written in my blog for the day.  I told her that since we didn't do anything terribly exciting, I talked about just that, non-exciting stuff - some housework, returning videos, getting dog food, buying a DVD player, getting gas, an oil change and, finally, picking up some take-out chicken for dinner!  She just laughed and said - "Boy, that'll sure thrill your readers - if you have any left"!!  Paulette was just kidding, of course, but it rang pretty true - especially to me.

Our Cobble Hill Dog Park – Molly & Rylie can run off-leash at will here IMG_2570

So, I went to sleep thinking maybe she's right.  I remember wondering to myself as I was writing that blog “I'd better throw a few nice pictures in this because even I'm finding it kind of dull”.  However, my average days aren't like the guy in that Equus beer commercial on TV.  You've probably seen it a hundred times - the most interesting man in the world; I really despise that commercial and can't get to the remote button fast enough when it comes on.  Well, I'm light years away from being the most interesting man in Cowichan Bay let alone the world; and, most times my days reflect just that! So, I guess that’s how my blogs end up some days!

Paulette with Molly & Rylie after a run around the park IMG_2568

My friend Al, over at the Bayfield Bunch, has written a few times about 'blog block', and so has another blogging friend, Jerry at Our Life on Wheels.  They've even composed entire, interesting postings about how they have nothing to write about - we bloggers are a creative bunch, aren't we?  I've found myself reading every one of those posts with great interest.

This is taken from the top of the park looking down towards the woods IMG_2573

I guess the easiest thing to do when I'm kind of stuck for something to write about, would be to just skip a day or two.  I mean who really cares?  Blogland can certainly get by without my ramblings that's for sure.  However, I've found that writing a daily entry is a great challenge, it takes some discipline and it certainly makes me more aware of what I'm doing all day, from the time I get up in the morning, until I write the last words of my blog at night. If it turns out to be a ho-hum, so-what day, then it'll probably be a ho-hum, so-what blog entry!  Ho-hum, so what?

Rylie racing  down the path at a full gallop towards me! IMG_2571

Well, I'm kind of proud of myself now.  I've just managed to write an entire blog entry about not being able to think of anything to blog about - just like my friends Al and Jerry!  Maybe, just maybe, I can sneak this same story into my blog every few months without anyone out there even noticing?

0 comments:

Post a Comment