Yesterday was Boxing Day here in Canada. It’s always a huge shopping day – similar to “Black Friday” in the US. All the retailers' put on huge sales trying to get rid of stuff that didn’t sell before Christmas – typically, there a huge savings to be had especially on all electronics and computer items. It’s one reason why gift cards have become so popular as the sale prices are as much as 70% off regular prices so $100 goes a lot farther on Dec. 26th than it did anytime before Christmas.
Erin, Hayley and Maggie hamming it up at the beach on Christmas DayI did my part to help them out by going to Staples just before 9am yesterday morning to buy a Seagate 1TB external HD for $99 – a pretty good deal. After buying that, I left the store immediately to avoid getting tempted into purchasing any more gizmos I didn’t really need. I was back home safe and sound by 9:30!
Erin and Rhett’s first Christmas as a married couple – Christmas Day at Cherry PointShortly after I got home, Erin, Rhett and Hayley all left on a shopping trip to Victoria – all clutching their gift cards in hand. Maggie and Toby left at the same time to go up to Nanaimo for another Turkey dinner this time with Toby’s family.
Some of the boxes full of Christmas decorations bound for the garageWith the house empty, except for the 3 dogs, Paulette and I got to work taking down the Christmas tree and all the decorations. We’ve never taken the tree down this early before but we’re leaving on Tuesday so we don’t have much time left. The Christmas decorations ended up being about 10 large boxes which had to be moved back into the garage – what a job!
A couple of the Christmas dinner dishes – Broccoli Bake and StuffingWith that job done, we both took it easy for the rest of of the afternoon. The good thing was, we didn’t have to worry at all about what we were having for dinner – Turkey leftovers and they were really good!
Last night, the kids rented a movie starring Sandra Bullock and we all watched that in between eating all kinds of great snacks and desserts – life is tough. By 10pm, I’d had it and I went off to bed leaving everyone down in the family room to continue on.
Have a great Sunday, and thanks again for visiting!
0 comments:
Post a Comment