We’re getting down to the final preparations and loading of our fifth-wheel as we leave bright and early Tuesday morning. It’s been so busy with the kids here for Christmas since last Wednesday, that our normal departure routine has fallen behind a bit. Today is going to be a very busy day of running around and getting ready to go.
About the only thing I’ll miss from home is my widescreen HD TV
Everyone was running around yesterday too it seemed. Erin, Rhett and Hayley left for Nanaimo after lunch to do some shopping and to meet up with Maggie who was at Toby’s parents. While there, they hatched up a new plan and Maggie is now going to drive back to Calgary tomorrow morning with Erin, Rhett and Hayley. Toby has to work this week, but Maggie’s off until Jan. 4th. She’s going to catch a flight home to Vancouver on the weekend.
Just what we all needed last night – Paulette found some more goodies!While everyone was out and about, Paulette and I loaded food into the refrigerator and cupboards in the 5’er. We’ve got a good checklist and we’re methodically going through it and marking things off in the hope we don’t forget anything important.
Maggie showing us her “snuggy” she got for ChristmasMonday, I’ve got a few miscellaneous jobs that should keep me busy enough for the time to fly by – which I like. I have to make a run to the garbage dump, get a few house keys cut, wash my Chevy Silverado and the Honda Odyssey, turn off the natural gas outside, the fireplace pilot light as well as a few other regular maintenance items to take care of. Finally, I’ll hitch up the 5’er so we’re all set to go first thing Tuesday morning.
A little game of Texas Hold ‘Em wrapped up the Christmas HolidayLast night, long after I would have been in bed if I was leaving at 5:30am the next morning, the kids were in our dining room playing Texas Hold ‘Em! When I went to bed, after 10pm, they were still going strong.
Have a great Monday, and thanks again for visiting!
0 comments:
Post a Comment