We’re All Set To Go First Thing Tuesday Morning

Our whole house was up and around at the ungodly hour of 5am Monday morning.  The kids had to leave by 5:30am in order to catch the 7am ferry to Vancouver.  From there, Erin, Rhett, Hayley and Maggie, plus Lola, had an eleven hour drive to Calgary.  They had 3 drivers so at least they can swap a bit to make it easier.

Our fifth-wheel all loaded and hitched up on Monday afternoon IMG_3749

One thing’s for sure, they won’t starve on the drive home.  Paulette loaded them up with enough Turkey sandwiches and goodies to last them at least a week!  I’m sure hoping when we stop for lunch on Tuesday that there are some of those sandwiches and goodies for us too!

We all said our goodbyes, gave hugs, wished everyone a happy New Year and promised to stop in Calgary, in late April, on our way home from the southwest .  It was sure great having all the kids home over Christmas as everyone had a great time, we ate way too much and it sure made the last week before our trip just fly by.

I’m sure my little co-pilot Molly will be watching everything feb-14th_dc4800-044

As soon as everyone was on their way, Paulette and I got busy with our final preparations.  I loaded up my truck with all the garbage bags that had accumulated over the holidays and headed off to the garbage dump just north of Duncan.  After that, I stopped and got my truck washed, checked the pressure in all the tires and then headed home.

I decided to de-winterize our rig yesterday rather than wait until we get to Centralia. It wasn’t going to freeze last night, so I thought I would save myself a little bit of time in Centralia by doing it before we left.  I probably didn’t need to winterize at all as it’s been very mild all winter, but, better safe than sorry, I guess.

The Coachella Valley will be our home for the next three months!feb23rd_tramway-028

Finally, I hitched up the 5’er to my truck so now all I have to do in the morning is unplug the electrical cord, raise the landing gear and remove the wheel chocks before we head down to Victoria to catch the MV Coho to Port Angeles at 10:30am.  I’m really looking forward to the ride on the Coho and the new route we’ll be taking down to Olympia, WA.

Have a great Tuesday, and thanks again for visiting

0 comments:

Post a Comment