The big desert winds came again yesterday and they were so strong that one gust caught our friends, the Bayfield Bunch, and blew them from California all the way over to Yuma, AZ.
These wind turbines outside Desert Hot Springs have been working overtime
It wasn’t quite that bad here in Desert Hot Springs but it was still too windy to really do much outside except take the dogs for an occasional walk. The good news is the winds are forecast to die down by Thursday morning and temperatures are expected to climb back up into the high 70’s by the weekend. There will be a lot of happy campers around the Sands RV Park if that turns out to be true.
A boardwalk path in Big Morongo Canyon heading out to the marsh areaLuckily, I did have something interesting to keep me busy on Wednesday. A few days ago, I posted a picture of Sadie, one of the dogs who goes to the park here with Molly and Rylie. Well, Sadie’s owner, Lynda, emailed me on Tuesday asking if I might be able to help her get her first blog on WordPress created and published.
Perfect!! I emailed Lynda right away saying sure and we arranged to meet at her RV at 11am Wednesday morning. Now, at least, I had something to do on what I knew was going to be another windy day. What I didn’t tell Lynda was that I’d never used Wordpress in my life and I didn’t have a clue about it.
Big Morongo Canyon PreserveNo problem! First thing Wednesday morning, I went to the WordPress website and signed up for a free blogsite – just like Blogger. I quickly signed on to my new WordPress Dashboard and checked out all of the features, settings and controls until I was reasonably comfortable with them.
After about 30 minutes, I created a test post and published it – including a few pics. It looked o.k., so I tried a few different themes and settings, added some widgets to the sidebars and that was it. Just before 11am, having become a newly certified WordPress expert with all of 1 hour’s experience, I headed over to Lynda’s to share my newfound knowledge and expertise.
This is the road leading from I-10 down to Hwy 101 in Santa MonicaLynda is very computer literate and knew what she was doing, but just got stalled up on a puzzling setup situation. She has her own domain, hosted by a webhosting company other than Wordpress. This caused a few blog naming issues that are still not 100% resolved, but we did manage to get WordPress installed and Lynda was able to get her very first blog published. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging, Lynda! I’ll leave it up to her as to when, and if, she wants to release her blog to all of us “commenter's”.
A bone dry, sandy wash in Morongo CanyonPaulette was busy indoors yesterday as well – it was her regularly scheduled Quilting Day at the North Clubhouse. When she got back home around 3pm, we took Molly and Rylie down to the dog park for a run. Wow, the wind was still blowing and it was a tough task to hang around there for 30 minutes before heading back to our cozy, warm 5th wheel.
Thursday, I fully expect to be returning to the swimming pool again and relaxing in the Jacuzzi. I’ll let you know tomorrow how that turned out!
Have a great Thursday, and thanks again for visiting!
0 comments:
Post a Comment