A Big “Yes” To Daylight Savings Time!

Chalk Paulette and I up as a couple of big fans of Daylight Savings Time.  I know a lot of folks don’t like it and have various reasons for not doing so.  But, Sunday night after dinner, we were able to go for a nice walk around the park in daylight.  By the time we got back to our RV, a little after 7pm, the sun was just starting to set over the San Jacinto Mtns. and it was a great feeling to be able to enjoy an extra hour outdoors.

This little White Egret was running around by the pond Sunday morningIMG_5670

I got a nice surprise this morning while taking Molly and Rylie down to the dog park – a small White Egret was walking along the grass by the duck pond.  I just happened to have my camera in my pocket, but even though it’s a quick start point-and-shoot, I was sure the little Egret would take off before I was ready to take a picture.  But, I was lucky and managed to get a couple of shots off before it flew off to the others side of the pond.

Same White Egret – different location!IMG_5669

I walk by this pond at least once a day and all I’ve ever seen in the water are ducks so it was pretty exciting to see this beautiful snow-white bird.  I didn’t really know for sure what it was exactly until a few knowledgeable bird types told me after I asked them if they’d seen this white bird themselves.

It was 8am when I saw the White Egret and little did I know at the time that was going to be the highlight of my entire day, so if you want to stop reading, now’s the time!  I spent the rest of Sunday first, doing regular RV maintenance – holding tanks etc. and applying grease to a few items like the hitch and landing gear.  I found out a couple of years ago that blowing sand can really gum these things up if you don’t keep on top of it.

Paulette and Sandy wearing the new necklaces they made SundayP1060866

Paulette and her friend Sandy went to a Beading class yesterday over in Palm Desert.  The class started at 10am and lasted for about 4 hours.  Both Paulette and Sandy were really big into beading last year but this is the first time I’ve seen Paulette’s bead bin out this trip.  They were both quite happy with the necklaces they made at the course.  It was about 3pm before they rolled back into the RV Park.

It was a beautiful day, followed by a just as nice sunsetIMG_5679

What did I do all day?  Well, after my few maintenance jobs, I took the muttzo’s and walked up and down the 6 wide, dry washes that separate the streets(rows) here.  From the washes, I was able to get a good look at the sites that back on to the wash as we want to reserve one of these for next year.  I managed to narrow the selection down to 3 or 4, so now Paulette and I will have to look again and decide which one we’d like.

I didn’t get down to the pool for a swim today until about 3:30 but the place was packed – amazing what a near 80F day will do.  Every single lounge chair around the pool was in use.  The golf course looked to be doing a booming business too.  We’re looking forward to another great week – we only have 3 left here!

Have a great Monday, and thanks again for visiting!

0 comments:

Post a Comment