A Hot, Hot Day And An In-Park Meeting

Tuesday was a real scorcher, one of the hottest days since we arrived, high 80’s, just great!  So, if you’re looking for a really exciting blog, you might want to move your mouse over to my sidebar and select a choice from the “Blogs I Follow” because Paulette and I just spent another day lounging in paradise and never left the RV Park.

I wouldn’t call this exciting, interesting perhaps, but the owners of the Sands RV Resort had another of their “In-Park Meetings” yesterday at 1pm up at the clubhouse.  New owners bought the Sands RV Resort 2 years ago and have already invested heavily in several improvements including new washrooms and showers, complete redecking and resurfacing of the swimming pool, the entire pool area and fencing in the large dog park.

pk_1

I guess the idea of these meetings are for the owners to receive feedback directly from their customers and to be able to respond in person so that there are no misunderstandings.  It seems like a great idea.

The In-Park Meeting drew a large crowd especially for such a beautiful dayIMG_5684

Yesterday, Gary, one of the owners, spent a full hour explaining policies and answering questions on issues like the park’s site reservation system, a brand new free WiFi system, problems with the golf course driving range, speeding in the park, when to clean the washrooms, more chairs for the pool area and a few other miscellaneous items.  He also announced that there would be no increase in rental fees for next year – that got a big round of applause.

Unless these guys learn to shoot straight this driving range could be toastgc_3

Gary, who is a fairly young guy, did a great job of answering all the questions and had no hesitation about saying “NO” when he thought he needed to.  I found myself agreeing with him on almost everything as some of the ideas put forward bordered on financial suicide for any business.

The new washroom and shower facilities are terrific pk_6

At the same time, Gary was also quite willing to accept suggestions from residents on ways to improve when there was no compelling reason not to.  In fact, he made a couple of quick decisions and instructed staff to implement them immediately.  I left the meeting with a pretty good feeling about this park’s ownership, management and commitment  to making every RV’ers stay here as comfortable and enjoyable as possible.

The better part of leaving the meeting was finding out it was “Ice Cream Social Day” at the swimming pool just adjacent to the meeting hall.  Perfect, I was able to get some berry pie and ice cream with chocolate syrup.  Sure hit the spot on a very hot day.  I was going to take a picture but I thought all those calories just might make Mike(Mike and Pat’s Travels) a little sick!!

The rest of our day was spent doing the usual thing around here on a super hot day – swimming, reading, walking and just plain enjoying our vacation.

Have a great Wednesday, and thanks again for visiting!

0 comments:

Post a Comment