Thursday Was Back To The Pool Day!

The winds stopped completely overnight on Wednesday and we were treated to an absolutely perfect day here yesterday.  From sunrise through sunset, we had clear blue skies, no wind and the temperatures reached the mid-70’s by the afternoon.

The weather forecast was right on and we were back in the pool yesterday!IMG_4397

I mentioned in yesterday’s blog that I fully expected to be able to go swimming yesterday and I’m happy to say that I did just that.  The whole park was a much happier place Thursday with lot’s of people out and about golfing, laying around the pool or just out walking around enjoying not being blown away.

It was bath day for the muttzo’s – this is Rylie and she’s not too happy!IMG_5625

Paulette and Sandy took off for Palm Springs around 10am to do some grocery shopping, at Trader Joe’s, as we were just about out of everything.  The grocery shopping ended up in a side trip to Jo-Anne’s Fabrics and to a couple of thrift shops.  They didn’t get back to the park until after 2pm.

Rylie after her bath straining to get as far away from the shower as possibleIMG_5642

By that time, I had already been up to the swimming pool where I spent an hour between the Jacuzzi and the pool.  It sure was nice to feel the sun beating down again and it really put everyone in a good mood for the day.  As I was riding back to our RV, a caravan of about a dozen RV’s was just pulling into the park – wow, did they ever hit it just right!

This is “no-name”, a tiny Chihuahua pup who hasn’t been named yet IMG_5663

Early yesterday morning, before Paulette left, it was bath day for Molly and Rylie.  Thank goodness we have an outdoor shower on the 5’er as it makes giving the dogs a bath so much easier – and a whole lot less messy inside.  We just put down a blue tarp, turn on the shower hose and in a few minutes it’s all over.

Here’s our Molly and “No-Name” in a bit of a stare-downIMG_5664

Another indication of the perfect weather was the number of dogs at the dog park yesterday afternoon.  I didn’t count them exactly, but I would guess there had to be at least 15 – and, most of them were smaller breeds like Molly and Rylie.  Paulette and I stayed there from 3pm to well after 4 as all the dogs were having such a great time.

The park was full of owners and dogs enjoying the great dayIMG_5665

In his blog yesterday, Retired Rod posted a picture of the Hoover Dam Bypass Bridge near Las Vegas which is scheduled for completion this September.  I took almost the same picture last April and was amazed at how much progress had been made in the 11 months since.  I sure hope Rod doesn’t mind me borrowing his picture just for a comparison– thanks in advance, Rod! 

This is Retired Rod’s picture posted on March 11, 2010 – thanks Rod!DSCN1274[4]I

Below is a photo of the same bridge that I took on April 8, 2009hoover_bridge

That’s pretty impressive work on the Hoover Bridge, although I still think I’ll drive over the Hoover Dam as long as it’s still allowed – it’s pretty neat.

Have a great Friday, and thanks again for visiting!

0 comments:

Post a Comment