Joe came home from his daily walk this morning and placed this leaf in front of me, saying, “There is something I just find very beautiful about an absence of symmetry in nature.”
I had to smile because I often think of him as so “on a mission,” that I sometimes also have a tendency to think he’s missing things in his surroundings. Yet he’ll often bring me things like pretty colored rocks he’s picked up, or an unusual flower, or a dragonfly he managed to cup in his hands for part of his walk one day, just so he could show it to me.
I realize now it’s not that he’s missing things; it’s that he’s just seeing different things from me that catch his eye.
I have come to appreciate his eye for wonderful things that I might have missed while I was off being entranced by something else.
“For every beauty, there is an eye somewhere to see it...” (-Ivan Panin)
0 comments:
Post a Comment