“If high heels were so wonderful, men would be wearing them.” (-Sue Grafton)

For many years, I swept out of the house every day on very high heels, heading out to work. In my jobs, I always had to wear nice suits and clothes, and along with them, I always wore beautiful high heels. I had a whole closet full of gorgeous shoes. Granted, they did make me feel tall and pretty…



…for about five minutes. Then, the balls of my feet would be in agony for the rest of the day.



As a young girl, my mother used to say, “You have to suffer to be beautiful,” and I remember thinking, “Then I do NOT want to be beautiful.” But I admit, I did wear an awful lot of high heels. They’re pretty, and they make your legs look longer.



I laugh now, because, while I do have a pair of shoe boots that are fairly high, and I frequently wear them with nice slacks on the road, for work, aside from those, my normal shoe of choice is as flat as possible. In fact, right now, I’m wearing slippers. Life is good...not particularly glamorous, mind you, but good!



“Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards and in high heels.” (-Faith Whittlesey)



Please note, all you sweet people who come and visit me:

(I’m probably going to try posting less frequently, just because with work as busy as it is, I can’t keep up a daily post. I’ll do the best I can!)





0 comments:

Post a Comment