
Well,...sort of!
I'm Maine-bound, and off to learn how to paint.
There's a watercolor class--in mid-coast Maine: a quaint, little place called "Owl's Head." My good friend Carol Gillott (of Paris Breakfasts fame) told me about David Dewey's class, encouraging me, back in February, to go for it this year, so I've been patiently waiting since then. I'll be gone for a week. His work is amazing, and I am looking forward to learning.
Along for the ride will be my watercolor paints and brushes, journals, papers, rain slicker, sweatshirt, portable stool, bug spray, sun block, and bien sur, my camera,...oh, and of course, a healthy love of lobster. (It just so happens I'll be there during Lobster Festival!) A charming B & B will be home for a week, and they're always fun--I know I'll meet some nice folks. Stay tuned!
I love to watch watercolor demonstrations, and since each artist is unique, I learn something different from every artist I see. Looking forward to practicing new things and stretching myself. I can assure you I'll take lots of notes and soak up all I can. I have had David's book for years, and a very talented cousin of mine also studied under him--in fact, one of her paintings is in his book! And since I've never been to Maine before, I'm excited that I'll get a little time to explore and see a new locale.
Supposedly there is an Andrew Wyeth museum somewhere in the vicinity, so you know that if it's at all possible, I'll be heading there!
So, wish me luck! I'll try to learn whatever I can, and I'll share when I return! Toodles!
"Those that say you can't take it with you never saw a car packed for a vacation trip." (-Unnknown)
0 comments:
Post a Comment